Thieves Abound

My precious parent's home was broken into recently.  The house is not even a mile from mine.  Obviously the thieves knew my mother's schedule.  My dad, one of the greatest and most honorable men I've ever known passed away seven years ago - and yet sometimes the pain is so strong it seems like only last week.  The thieves not only stole possessions, they stole peace of mind and small items of remembrance of my dad.  His Army discharge papers were ripped and my heart broken.  I don't seek retaliation, I long for items my dad touched to be returned.  They took an old crock that my Grandmother Parsons used and a sausage grinder that belonged to my grandparents.  Items such as that can't be replaced.  I found the "face" of my dad's watch lying on the Living Room floor.  That haunts me.  My dad worked all of his life and always helped others.  He was not a wealthy man by any means and although he didn't accumulate a lot of earthly wealth, he always made certain his family was taken care of.  Another story - another time.  Mother is suffering terribly and I can't help but hope that one day the thieves will come to grips with what they have done.  The thieves not only took jewelry, money, John Deere lawn mower, weed eater, battery charger, razor, antiques, a pistol, etc. - they even took some of my mother's clothes and men's clothes.  We have people looking on Craig's list, flea markets, and other avenues.  Hope is they will be caught.

This weekend, fuel oil was stolen from my house. I wonder - how are working people supposed to get by - and how are they supposed to protect themselves and what little they have from thieves??!! A couple from my church had their house burglarized while they were at church.  Ten years ago, this would not have happened in the area in which we live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stalker

Love