Wednesday

Wednesday is church night and a reminder of how my parents always saw that my brother and I were in church every time the church doors were open.  I have such wonderful memories of church and my childhood.  I was raised in a Christian household and surrounded by love.  There was never one day that went by that my parents and brother didn't tell me they loved me.  Wednesday night was a little rushed sometimes to get ready for church and make it on time.  As I walked through the graveled driveway, I would meet friends waiting for me.  We would run and greet one another and fellowship until time to go in.  Smiles were seen wherever you might look.  I don't even have to close my eyes to recall the smell - the old wooden heavy doors, the polished benches and the sometimes slightly damp smell in the air.  I was so proud of my family - my big strong and kind dad, my beautiful poised mother, and my handsome little brother with his hair neatly combed.  Times have changed but I will reminisce again soon......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stalker

Love